This hat is made of fine recycled cashmere. The decreases are rather ornamental, resembling a four-leaf clover. For whenever you need luck.
• 50g (make sure you have at least 3 balls as you will be plying single threads) of recycled lace weight cashmere from susantherecycler in your chosen colour.
• Invisible elastic thread (optional).
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
• 40 cm circular needle size 2.25mm
• 40cm circular needle size 4.5mm
• 40cm circular needle size 3.75mm
• Stitch markers
• Crochet hook size 2.25mm
• Yarn cutter or scissors
• Tapestry needle
• Measuring tape
• 28 sts and 56 rows = 10cm/4” over 1 x 1 rib, using 2.25mm needles and 1 strand of yarn.
• 25 sts and 38 rows = 10cm/4” over st.st, using 3.75mm needles and 2 strands of yarn.
• 25 sts and 44 rows (22 long knit sts) = 10cm/4” over brioche rib, using 4.5mm needles and 3 strands of yarn.
1×1 Rib for circular needles:
All Rs: *K1, p1; rep from * to end.
Stockinette stitch for circular needles:
All Rs: K.
Brioche rib stitch for circular needles:
Rnd1: *yo, sl1, p1; rep from * to end.
Rnd2: *k2tog, yo, sl1; rep from * to end.
Rnd3: *yo, sl1, p2tog; rep from * to end.
Rep rnds.2 & 3.
One. A key is provided to allow for adjusing the size.
50cm circ. at cast-on edge and 24.5cm wide across the top (in diameter, measured flat).