This simple and zingy beret is extremely easy and quick to make. It will cheer up the dullest winter’s day.
55g (200yds or 182m) of Jade Sapphire 4-ply Mongolian Cashmere KEJA in red (col.C14), or your chosen colour.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
• 40 cm circular needle size 2.5mm (or a set of 2.5mm DPN’s)
• 40cm circular needle size 4.5mm (&/or a set of 4.5mm DPN’s)
• Stitch marker
• Yarn cutter or scissors
• Tapestry needle
• Measuring tape
• 24 sts & 50 rows = 10cm/4” over 1 x 1 rib, using 2.5mm needles.
• 16 sts & 48 rows (24 long knit sts) = 10cm/4” over brioche rib, using 4.5mm needles.
• 1×1 Rib for circular needles:
All Rs: *K1, p1; rep from * to end.
• Brioche rib stitch for circular needles:
Rnd1: *yo, sl1, p1; rep from * to end.
Rnd2: *k2tog, yo, sl1; rep from * to end.
Rnd3: *yo, sl1, p2tog; rep from * to end.
Rep rnds 2 & 3.
One. A key is provided to allow for adjusing the size.
58cm circumference at cast-on edge
20cm deep from cast-on edge to top