This muff is a quick to make eye-catching accessory that is highly customisable and therefore guarantees an unique result every time.
• 1 medium size skein of chunky hand-spun wool art yarn with daisies by Pluckyfluff.
• 1 ball of Filatura di Crosa Zara 100% merino wool in ruby red (col.1461) or an alternative yarn that will give you the required gauge.
• Filatura di Crosa yarn specifications: 50 grams /125 metres or 136.5 yards per ball.
• 1 large skein of hand-spun red cashmere art yarn by Pluckyfluff.
• 1 medium size skein of hand-spun brown wool art yarn by Pluckyfluff.
Both yarns are chunky.
The choice of yarn will give you the truly bespoke one-off result, so choose whatever takes your fancy and follow the method, adjusting any numbers as needed. Look at notes on sizing which will help you with that.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
• A set of DPN’s in size 4.5mm and 5mm (or a 4.5mm/5mm long circular needle if you’d rather work the cuff section/s using the Magic Loop technique)
• 40cm and 60cm long circular needles size 5.5mm (for working the middle sections of both muffs)
• Stitch markers
• Yarn cutter or scissors
• Tapestry needle
• Measuring tape
• 30 sts and 34 rnds = 10cm/4” over 1 x 1 rib using Zara merino wool and 4.5mm DPN’s.
• 10 sts and 13 rnds = 10cm/4” over st.st using Pluckyfluff hand-spun daisy wool and 5.5mm circulars.
• 14 sts and 22 rnds = 10cm/4” over st.st using Pluckyfluff hand-spun cashmere and 5mm circulars.
Rib for working in the round (no. of sts divisible by 2):
All rnds: *K1, p1; rep from * to end.
Stockinette stitch (st.st) for working in the round:
All rnds: K.
Make Bobble (MB):
K1, p1, k1 and p1 again all in next st – 4 sts, turn, p4, turn, k4, turn, p2tog twice, turn and k2tog.
One. A key is provided to help you create a bespoke size.
Muff No.1 (with daisies):
Approx. 15cm around wrist and 33cm long from cast-on to cast-off edge.
Muff No.2 (heart-shaped):
Approx. 18cm around wrist (as it is not stretchy like the ribbed cuff) and 46cm long from cast-on to cast-off edge.