Gosia Dzik-Holden is a London & Krakow based knitwear designer maker fondly referred to by her friends and students as the knitting sensei. She loves seamless knitwear and has mastered it over years of focused practice. She will lead a residential workshop in Bath in the spring of 2019, titled “The Art of Seamless Knitting”, the subject of which is learning to design your own seamless sweater.
In this weekend workshop we will cover the following:
* choosing a suitable pattern
* converting a pattern from flat (RS&WS) to circular knitting (RS only)
* sketching the design
* taking measurements
* converting gauge into key measurements
* top down and bottom up structures
* casting on – how to join for working in the round
* grafting aka Kitchener Stitch
You will need:
* a ready and blocked gauge square
* enough yarn for your project
* circular needle (or two, if you’d like to use tubular cast-on, which is one of Gosia’s favourites)
* stitch markers
* measuring tape
* sketchbook & pencil
Please note that only breakfasts are provided during this workshop, as we will be in the centre of Bath and must not, under any circumstances, miss out on Bath’s lovely restaurants!
This workshop is fully booked now.
Please check out other Stitchville residential knitting weekend workshops. Links can be found below.
To read about Stitchville retreats and to see the photo albums, click here.
Out of stock