These may look innocent, but they are full of clever engineering to make them strong and hard wearing: reinforced back of leg, heal, sole and toes. A perfect city sock to line those stylish hand-made shoes.
2 balls (approx. 50 grams /175 metres per ball) of Angel Touch Alpaca in Dark Grey (col. A05), or your chosen colour.
Please note that your yarn requirement will be bigger if you are making a larger size. 2 balls of Angel Touch Alpaca are just about enough to complete a pair of socks in women’s medium size.
NEEDLES & NOTIONS
• 2 sets of DPN’s in size 2mm
• Yarn cutter or scissors
• Tapestry needle
• Measuring tape
• 31 sts and 43 rnds = 10cm/4” over st.st using 2mm DPN’s.
• 44 sts and 25 long sts (50 rnds) over re-inforced section using 2mm DPN’s.
• Stockinette stitch (st.st) for circular needles:
All rnds: K.
• Rib for circular needles (no. of sts divisible by 4):
All rnds: *K2, p2; rep from * to end.
• Re-inforced stitch for circular needles (no. of sts divisible by 2):
Rnd 1: *Sl1, k1; rep from * to end.
Rnd 2: K.
Rep these 2 rnds.
One. A key is provided to help you make these socks in bespoke size.
Approx. 25cm long measured from the tip of toe to the back of heel along the middle of foot section (the line created by st.st top sole and reinforced under sole).
The overall dimensions match European female shoe size number 38 or a UK size 5.
Unstretched rib measures 12.5cm around.